Recommended daily intake: 1 capsule per day with meal
Ingredients and quantity in a daily dose:
- Yeast (Saccharomyces Cerevisia) extract – 20 mg
- Shitake mushroom extract – 20 mg (Lentinula edodes, 20%polysaccharides)
- Copper complex chlorophyllins – 0,1062 mg
- Cod oil – 500 mg (8%EPA, 9%DHA, 20%PUFA, 1000 IU/g of vitamin A)
- Vitamin D – 48,75μg = 1950IU/g of vitamin D (incl Vit D2&D3)
- Vitamin K1 – 63,75μg (phylloquinone)
- Vitamin K2 – 11,25μg (menaquinone-7, MK-7)
This supplement was enriched with fat-soluble vitamins D and K to improve our bodies functioning.
All the ingredients are dissolved in cod liver oil, which is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamins D and vitamin A.
Properties of selected ingredients:
Vitamin D contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system and the absorption and usage of calcium and phosphorus, it helps in the proper functioning of the muscles, maintaining healthy bones and teeth and maintaining the proper level of calcium in the blood, and also participates in the process of cell division.
Vitamin D Serum Levels
- serum 25OHD < 30 nmol/L (12 ng/ml) is deﬁcient
- serum 25OHD 30–50 nmol/L (12–20 ng/ml) insufficient
- serum 25OHD 50–125 nmol/L (20–50 ng/ml) sufficient
- serum 25OHD > 125 nmol/L (50 ng/ml) is high
10μg (micrograms) vitamin D = 400IU vitamin D
2,5nmol/L serum 25 OHD = 1ng/mL serum 25 OHD
There are two forms of vitamin D. Vitamin D-2 or ergocalciferol and vitamin D-3, cholecalciferol. Both forms are biologically inert and must undergo two hydroxylations in the body for activation. The first occurs in the liver which converts vitamin D to 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D], also known as calcidiol. The second occurs primarily in the kidney and forms the physiologically active 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D [1,25(OH)2D], also known as calcitriol.
There are a limited number of foods that are sources of these compounds. Vitamin D-2 is found mostly in mushrooms and fortified foods such as cereal. Vitamin D-3 is found primarily in animal-based foods such as fish, liver, eggs and America’s old favorite, cod-liver oil.
While both versions are effective in increasing vitamin D concentration in the body, vitamin D-3 is thought by many to be more effective in raising vitamin D levels. It is widely available as an inexpensive over-the-counter supplement in a variety of dosage forms and dosages.
Vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting and helps to maintain healthy bones.
ColDeKa ingredients benefits? (Click here to read more)
DISCLAIMER: Supplements are not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent, or cure diseases.